Monday 10 July 2017

Meeting the person that God says I am

“The greatest tragedy in life is not death, but a life without a purpose.” Myles Munroe

The greatest tragedy is to live a life that is not aligned with God's purpose for your life. Remember your Maker has the ultimate manual of your existence and therefore knows where you should be & what you should be doing. Our quest then should be to become the persons that God says we are and not what people say we are.

You see there is a person that you know me to be, a person that you may want me to be and a person that I may present myself to be. But there is also a person that God says I am and that's the person I would like to meet. In fact my biggest failure in life would be for me not to become the person that God says I am.

So who is this person?

David in the book of Psalm 8: 3-9 asks God a question in relation to mankind and the care that He has for us. He says "What is man that You are mindful of him, and the son of man that You care for him? Yet You have made him a little lower than God, and you have crowned him with glory and honor. You made him to have dominion over the works of Your hands, You have put all things under his feet. All sheep and oxen, yes, and the beasts of the field. The birds  of the air, and the fish of the sea, and whatever passes along the paths of the seas."

David's awe of how much God cares and the amount of authority that He has bestowed upon me is justified. The fact that God trusts me with the work of His hands is a prestige that I have to live up to but I am still found wanting because I don't esteem myself as He does me. He has made me a little lower than Himself and yet the maximum output of this person is not even at 0.01%. If you consider His greatness and the stature of His power, then you'll understand what I mean when I say that, I have not even reached a fraction of the person that He says I am.

In the book of 1 John 4:4 says " Little children, you are of God and have already defeated and overcome them [agents of the anti-Christ], because he Who lives in you is greater than he who is in the world." 1 John 5:4 " For whatever is born of God is victorious over the world, and this is the victory that conquers the world, even our faith." So God sees me as His child, He grants me a status of being one who overcomes by virtue of being His. I am not a victim but a victor and if He amends my status then I must live up to it. My status is already documented in the book of life but yet I still live below the bar that He has set for me.

In Romans 8:37 "Yet amid all these things we are more than conquerors and gain surpassing victory though Him Who loved us." So my failures don't define  me. How you see me does not define me. Your perception of my inadequacies no matter accurate you may think you are, are not the ultimate construct of who God says I am. My successes are also not the perfect reflection of who He says I am. I am not what I present myself to be and my chase is simply to be, even if it's a fraction of it, the person that God says I am. You see I am a person under-construction. I am person in search of & yearning to meet the ultimate Me.

The ultimate me is a construct that God has already defined. A decree that has already been scripted in His word and He's word is truth. I choose to dedicate my life in chase of this meet because my purpose & it's fulfillment hangs on it. It is my quest to align myself with this person so that my posture is reflective of the greatness that He has bestowed upon me. The dynasty of my natural birth, no matter how rich or poor is not the final arbiter of my true identity. I am born of God, that is who I am and that's who He says I am. So when I don't accept your definition of who you say I am, it is not because I disrespect you but I am on the chase to meet the man that God says I am. After all He knew me before I was in my mother's womb and ordained long before you knew me. Ladies & gentlemen, I am on mission to meet Me as articulated by my Maker so I suggest you do the same.


No comments:

Post a Comment